- The National Park Authority Board is made up of 17 Board Members. Five members are elected by the community and twelve are appointed by the Scottish Government.
- They are led by a Convener and a Deputy Convener.
- They all stay in office for three to four years.
- The Board meets in public at least four times a year.
- Agendas and papers for Board meetings are posted on this site one week before each meeting.
- Board Members agree the overall direction of the National Park Authority. They also oversee the Chief Executive and the other employees.
- Park Authority meetings in public - Frequently Asked Questions
By law, these two committees are required to meet.