The Callander Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS) aims to maintain and restore the historic character of Callander's conservation area, attracting more visitors to the area and boosting the economy. Funding of £500,000 has been secured from Historic Scotland and Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority until 2014.
The conservation area covers the older parts of Callander around Leny Road, Leny Feus, Main Street, Bridgend and Bracklinn Road.
Funding is being used to:
- Restore important and historic parts of Callander’s Conservation Area
- Offer grants to owners or tenants of historic buildings in the Conservation Area
- Bring vacant historic floor space back into use
- Promote awareness of the built environment in Callander
- Ensure that traditional rural skills are not lost
- Reduce our carbon footprint in conserving our built heritage
Applications are now closed.
What has the Scheme Delivered?
Click here to view case studies of properties or initiatives which have benefited from the scheme.
Callander Conservation Area Appraisal
Get in Touch