David McCowan was re-elected to Ward 5 (West Loch Lomond and Balloch) on 3 July 2014 for four years to July 2018.
David lives locally in Arden with his family. He is a keen user of Loch Lomond, enjoying boating, fishing and camping outdoors when weather permits.
He has business interests both at Arden in terms of financial services, storage, rentals and holiday let businesses and also in Balloch where he part owns a small inn.
A keen golfer and tennis player, he is past President of Helensburgh Lawn Tennis club and a long term member of both Helensburgh and the Carrick golf clubs.
David is currently Chair of the Luss and Arden Community Development Trust and has previously sat as Chair of the Balloch Community Interest Company. He also sits as a Director of the An T Sreang Community Hydro Committee.
David is Depute Chair of the Audit Committee at the Park Authority.
Register of Interests
Updated 8 March 2016
- Category 1: Remuneration
- Self employed director of James Cargill Ltd
- Director of PMR Property Ltd
- Director of PMR1 Trading Ltd
- Category 2: Related Undertakings
- Category 3: Contracts
- Periodically engage in personal contracts with local tradesmen within boundary of National Park Area.
- Category 4: Houses, Land and Buildings
- Auchendennan Farm Cottage, Arden
- Auchendennan Farm Office, Arden
- Auchendennan Farm stable block and bothy, Arden
- Burnbeag Cottage, Auchendennan
- Finlas View, Auchendennan
- The Paddock, commercial unit, Auchendennan Farm, Arden
- Part ownership of former ‘Lochside’, Balloch Road, Balloch
- Category 5: Interest in Shares & Securities
- 100% Shareholder of James Cargill Ltd.
- Hold numerous shares via collective investments such as ISAS and unit trusts.
- Small level direct share investment with Aviva, HBOS and such like companies.
- Shareholder in PMR Property Ltd
- Shareholder in PMR1 Trading Ltd
- Category 6: Gifts & Hospitality
- Category 7: Non-Financial Interests
- Member of Helensburgh Golf and Tennis club
- Points Member of Carrick Golf Club
- Chair/Director at Luss & Arden Community Development Trust
- Committee Member of Arrochar/Luss & Arden Community Hydro Venture