David McCowan was re-elected to Ward 5 (West Loch Lomond and Balloch) on 3 July 2014 for four years to July 2018.
He was born in Arden and has lived most of his life there. He is director of a financial services company based in the National Park and also has interests in self catering property.
David is a member of Helensburgh tennis and golf clubs.
David is Depute Chair of the Audit Committee at the Park Authority.
Register of Interests
Updated 8 March 2016
- Category 1: Remuneration
- Self employed director of James Cargill Ltd
- Director of PMR Property Ltd
- Director of PMR1 Trading Ltd
- Category 2: Related Undertakings
- Category 3: Contracts
- Periodically engage in personal contracts with local tradesmen within boundary of National Park Area.
- Category 4: Houses, Land and Buildings
- Auchendennan Farm Cottage, Arden
- Auchendennan Farm Office, Arden
- Auchendennan Farm stable block and bothy, Arden
- Burnbeag Cottage, Auchendennan
- Finlas View, Auchendennan
- The Paddock, commercial unit, Auchendennan Farm, Arden
- Part ownership of former ‘Lochside’, Balloch Road, Balloch
- Category 5: Interest in Shares & Securities
- 100% Shareholder of James Cargill Ltd.
- Hold numerous shares via collective investments such as ISAS and unit trusts.
- Small level direct share investment with Aviva, HBOS and such like companies.
- Shareholder in PMR Property Ltd
- Shareholder in PMR1 Trading Ltd
- Category 6: Gifts & Hospitality
- Category 7: Non-Financial Interests
- Member of Helensburgh Golf and Tennis club
- Points Member of Carrick Golf Club
- Chair/Director at Luss & Arden Community Development Trust
- Committee Member of Arrochar/Luss & Arden Community Hydro Venture