1.1 Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.2 This page (together with the documents referred to on it) provides the basis upon which any personal data that you submit to us will be processed by us.
1.3 Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it.
1.5 We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
2. Information we may collect
2.1 We may collect and process (or procure the collection and processing of) the following information:
- information that you submit by filling in forms on our site;
- information submitted at the time of registering with our site or requesting products from us;
- information you provide when you report a problem with our site;
- information concerning your use of our site and the products you purchase from us;
- information you submit to our service providers, including without limitation, through the website of our chosen payment services provider (the “payment website”);
- information concerning your use of the payment website and the payment method chosen by you upon the payment website;
- information concerning your compliance with our terms and conditions of website use;
- information you provide when you contact us, including a copy of and records concerning any correspondence;
- information we may record concerning your communications with us for quality control and training purposes; and
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2.2 We may collect this information into a file specific to you.
2.3 If you submit information to or through our site, we may additionally collect and process information on any individuals identified therein or identifiable therefrom.
3. IP addresses and cookies
3.1 We may collect (or procure the collection of) information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other access device), operating system (for example, Microsoft Windows XP or Macintosh OS X) and browser type (for example, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), for system administration to perform technical diagnosis of our website and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small files which are sent to your browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox) and stored on your computer’s hard disk. They only identify your computer and not you personally. Please read the following carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using www.lochlomond-trossachs.org
First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
3.4 First party cookies
Cookies issued by www.lochlomond-trossachs.org
||Virtuemart (online shop component)
||Only issued if you access our online shop. Stores the contents of your shopping basket.
||As soon as browsing session ends.
||Saves your font size preference. This particular feature is disabled, and so only the default value ‘20’ is stored.
||Remains until deleted
|Randomly generated 32-character alphanumeric code e.g. a2b66b5409af55b d8c82c87c80e9f6ec
||Automatically generated when you first access our site, representing a single anonymous user session. Used to provide core Joomla services and for tracking page hits. No personally-identifiable information stored.
||As soon as browsing session ends.
|3.5 Third party cookies
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites’ on its behalf. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
||Stores the Flash version number of your browser. No personal information is transferred or stored.
||Stores an estimate of your internet connection bandwidth, used to set Youtube embedded video quality, as well as track video view counts. No personal information is transferred or stored.
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
||These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The Google Analytics cookies contain randomly generated IDs to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
3.6 How to control and delete cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain (http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org
) to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored. You can find more information on how to delete and control cookies at www.aboutcookies.org
4. Where we store personal data
4.2 All personal data you submit to us is stored on secure servers. We shall use reasonable endeavours to procure the maintenance of appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal data that you submit. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data that you submit, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data submitted to our site. Any such submission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to personal data.
5. Uses made of the information
5.1 We use the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us in the following ways
- to enable the proper maintenance and / or operation of our site;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information and products that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our site;
- to comply with any legal obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others.
We may keep personal data we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us for a reasonable period for the purposes mentioned above.
6. Disclosure of information
6.1 We may disclose the information that we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us:
- to enable the proper maintenance of our site;
- to enable the supply to you of products which you have requested;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to comply with any legal or contractual obligation;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights our terms and condition of website use; or
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, where such disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
7. Third party personal data
8. Third party sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites nor for the way in which the personal data of their users is treated. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
9. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected in the personal data that we hold about you.