If you are thinking of heading out on a horse here are some responsible riding tips:
- Follow any advisory signage particularly in the forest where tree felling operations may take place.
- Be aware that there may be other users on the routes including walkers and cyclists.
- Most of the promoted routes are on firm paths or tracks, but if you use other softer path surfaces please be sure not to cause damage.
- Park sensibly; some of the rides have a restricted number of parking spaces so please be prepared to use another location at peak times such as weekends.
- Always ride safely, wear suitable clothing and enjoy your ride.
For further information on horse riding and the Scottish Outdoor Access Code pick up the leaflet ‘Are You Riding Responsibly’ from the British Horse Society Scotland or contact them using the details below.
Tel: 01294 270891