Closing Date: 7th June 2023 @ 9am
Do you have experience in Finance and Accounting? Then we want to hear from you!
Our Finance and Procurement Team within Corporate Services is responsible for the financial processes within the organisation and ensures that our Executive and Board have effective financial reporting for informed decision making. We are looking for collaborative and enthusiastic individuals to join our small team. Our roles will suit candidates with a range of experience and offer an excellent opportunity to develop your career and apply your knowledge and skills within a National Park setting.
You will be part of the team responsible for the delivery of budgets, forecasting, management information and statutory accounts, as well as providing support for the main finance and procurement functions.
You will have experience of financial practices and have had responsibility for the delivery and improvement of financial information. In addition, this experience should be underpinned by a working knowledge of financial systems, processes and controls.
Your skills, abilities and experience should include:
- Qualified/ Part Qualified accountant and/or significant hands-on experience
- Experience of preparing and presenting management accounts, budgets and forecasts;
- Ability to extract data from finance systems for reporting purposes;
- Working knowledge of financial systems including nominal ledger coding structures;
- Experience of month-end processes including variance analysis and reconciliations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to quickly build relationships;
- Intermediate Excel skills;
- An outcome focused approach, with ability to meet deadlines.
Ideally, but not essential, you’ll also have:
- Experience of preparing end of year statutory accounts, liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Experience of working within a finance unit in a public sector environment (ideally NDPB);
- Experience of analysing reports/systems/working practices to identify potential improvements
- Experience of reviewing, applying and implementing changes in accounting standards and guidance to an organisation;
- Knowledge and understanding of Scottish Public Finance Manual (SPFM) and Financial Reporting Manual (FReM);
- Experience of working within a procurement unit in a public sector environment;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Bank payment processing including use of appropriate software;
- Experience of developing, writing and implementing policies.
If you are interested in taking the leap and working with us please, send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 7th June 2023.
Interviews dates are provisionally set for 13th or 14th June 2023.