By entering this competition entrants accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them:
Who may enter
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority (“Park Authority”) and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition, including the suppliers of prizes.
- The entrant must be between 8 and 26 years old (inclusive) at the date of entering the competition. The entrant will be asked to provide proof of age if his or her photograph is chosen as a winning entry.
- If the entrant is under 16 years of age or lacks mental capacity at the date of entering the competition, his or her parent or legal guardian consents on his or her behalf and without reservation to the entrant taking part in this competition.
- The entrant is the person who is identified as the photographer on the mode of entry.
- Use of a false name, age or address will result in disqualification.
- There is no limit on the number of entries each person can submit to take part in the competition but no more than one prize per person shall be awarded.
How to enter
- There is no fee to enter this competition.
- The entrant (“you”) can enter the competition by posting your competition entry on your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account.
- If you do not have a Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account, or you are under the age to have an account, your parent/guardian can post on your behalf. Alternatively, you or your parent/guardian can email your entry and description, including your age to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To enter the competition on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, you must tag your post with #ParkFocus, your age category (#age8to12, #age13to17 or #age18to26) and @lomondtrossachs. If entering by e-mail, you must state your age category.
- When posting on Twitter you will need to unprotect your tweets to make them public. You can do this in the ‘Settings and Privacy’ section of your account. Alternatively, you can send the Park Authority a direct message with your photo and tag your post with #ParkFocus, and your age category (#age8to12, #age13to17 or #age18to26).
- When posting on Facebook make sure your post is ‘Public’ and not just shared amongst your friends.
- The closing date for entries is no later than 23.59 on 31st December 2018 (“the closing date”). No further entries to the competition will be accepted after the closing date.
- The Park Authority cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted or not received by the closing date, for whatever reason.
Prizes, winner selection and notification
- Three winners will be chosen for each age category in January 2019 by the Park Authority’s Youth Committee and a National Park representative.
- The prizes are as follows:
- First Prize – All Age Categories: – a GoPro HERO Action Camera and a jacket by Columbia Sportswear Company from their Waterproof Jackets & Softshells range;
- Second Prize – All Age Categories: – an outdoor adventure day for two with Forest Holidays;
- Third Prize: Age Category 18-26 – Free entry for two people to SEA LIFE Loch Lomond Aquarium, Drumkinnon Tower, Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, G83 8QL and a shark feeding experience; Age Categories 8-12 and 13-17 – a family pass for 4 people to visit SEA LIFE Loch Lomond Aquarium, Drumkinnon Tower, Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, G83 8QL
- The outdoor adventure day shall include a forest ranger activity, an outdoor adventure activity and a two-course lunch for two people at Forest Holidays’ Strathyre location. Activities shall be chosen from a pre-selected list, on selected dates and at selected times. Lunch will consist of one main course and one dessert per person. The prize must be booked and taken by 30 June 2019.
- The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the Park Authority reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Unless expressly stated within these terms and conditions, all other expenses relating to the prize is the responsibility of the winner and his or her guests. For the avoidance of doubt the prize excludes any costs for transport, travel, accommodation, spending money, meals, travel documentation and insurance other than as specified.
- Third party terms and conditions may apply to the prizes. Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance of any third party terms and conditions applicable to the prize.
- Photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- the extent to which the photograph showcases the entrant’s connection to Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, and
- the accompanying description, and
- originality, and
- artistic composition.
- Each winner shall be notified that he or she has won a prize no later than 31st January 2019 via the social media platform or email address used to submit the winning entry. In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must contact the Park Authority by sending a private message through the social media channel used to enter the competition or if the winning entry was submitted by email, by email to email@example.com within fourteen (14) days of being notified that he or she is a winner and confirm acceptance of the prize and any third party conditions pertaining thereto. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, the Park Authority reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and award the prize to an alternative winner selected by the same judges.
- Once the winner has claimed their prize, the Park Authority will confirm when and where the prize can be collected / delivered.
- The judges’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each winner acknowledges that his or her name and local authority region (but not their address) will be made available for one year after the closing date to any party emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each winner consents to the use of his or her name and image and competition entry (including the photographs) in any marketing or publicity material related to the competition and/or the Park Authority and its business and activities without remuneration.
- Any photographs used as part of a competition entry must have been taken by the entrant.
- Photographs must not be digitally enhanced.
- If your photograph includes a person, people or their property, you must have their permission to be depicted in the photograph for the purposes of this competition.
- Copyright for all photographs entered into this competition remains with you, the entrant. By entering this competition you or your parent/legal guardian gives the Park Authority and its competition partners’ permission to use your photographs and competition entry and/or social media posts online in any marketing or publicity material (including but not limited to the competition) and you confirm that use of such material will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- As the copyright holder, you, the entrant, will be credited, wherever practicable, when the image is used by the Park Authority and/or its partners. We will use your name as it appears in the social media account you used to enter the competition (e.g. © account name).
- Although the Park Authority will endeavour to supply the correct information to third parties (for example to the press / media), we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions these third parties may make in crediting you.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform.
- The competition and these terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising therefrom, including the prize will be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. If you reside outside the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this competition is the Park Authority, an Authority established in terms of and acting under the National Parks (Scotland) Act 2000 and the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park Designation, Transitional and Consequential Provisions (Scotland) Order 2002 and having its principal office at National Park Headquarters, Carrochan, 20 Carrochan Road, Balloch G83 8EG.