Scottish Fire and Rescue have issued a fire risk warning from 17-20 April. We strongly advise against having fires or barbecues when out in the National Park during this period.Close alert
A recipe by Nick Nairn from his Cook School – serves 4
• Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade well. Place the salmon steaks in the marinade, cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
• Preheat the oven to 180C/360F/gas 4. Chop the peppers, spring onions, carrot and ginger into fine strips for stir-frying and slice the mushrooms.
• Take the fish out of the marinade and place them in a roasting tray, reserving the marinade. Cook the fish in the hot oven for 8-10 mins.
• Meanwhile, boil the noodles to pack instructions, drain and set aside. Heat a wok or large frying pan and add the marinade from the fish. Add all the veg, beansprouts and ginger and stir fry for 2-4 minutes, until everything is hot. Throw in the cooked noodles and stir through well for around 30 seconds.
• Serve the noodles and veg in warm bowls with the salmon placed on top, and coriander leaves scattered over.