Combine a trip on the loch with a cycle ride with our suggested itineraries. Find out more about waterbus services on Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine, as well as maps and timetables here. You can also find places to hire a bike from here.
West Loch Lomond Cycle Path (Tarbet – Luss)
- Cycle south from Tarbet, initially on the pavement, and then join the old road to enjoy the tranquillity of the cycle path along the bonnie banks.
- There are beaches, stunning views and lots of choice for lunch at Luss.
- There is the option to catch the 16.15 waterbus back via Rowardennan to Tarbet returning at 17:30 or cycle back (11 miles).
Two Lochs Tour (24 May – 2 October 2017)
- Combine a Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine experience by catching the 10:00 Waterbus service from Tarbet to Inversnaid.
- At the top of the hill follow the gentle undulating single road alongside the Great Trossachs Path to Stronachlachar (4 miles) and then continue around Loch Katrine or take advantage of combined Waterbus service to cruise on the Sir Walter Scott to Trossachs Pier where you can disembark for return cycle back to Inversnaid (17 miles).
- Refreshments and lunch available in Inversnaid, Stronachlachar and at Trossachs Pier.
- Catch the 08:45 waterbus service from Tarbet and disembark at Rowardennan on the eastern shore to cycle south.
- The 7 mile cycle on gentle undulating single track road brings you to Balmaha where you have the opportunity to visit the National Park Visitor Centre or for the more active, park your bike, and climb Conic Hill (350m).
- A warm welcome awaits you at The Oak Tree Inn for a hearty lunch, local ales and luxury Loch Lomond ice cream.
- There is ample time for return cycle to Rowardennan and catch the 16.45 waterbus back to Tarbet.
Balloch – Luss (1 May – 30 September)
- Catch the 8:50 Waterbus service from Balloch to Luss, arriving at 9.50am.
- There are opportunities at Luss for refreshments and to explore the conservation village before returning to Balloch taking the west Loch Lomond cycle path (11 miles).