Tarbet to Luss returning via Rowardennan
- Bring your own bike or hire one at the kiosk in Tarbet.
- Park at Tarbet and cycle south on the West Loch Lomond Cycle Path towards Luss, initially on the pavement, and then join the old road to enjoy the tranquillity of the cycle path along the bonnie banks. There are numerous beaches, stunning views north to the Highlands. Picnic at Firkin Point refreshment available at Inverbeg and Luss with numerous options for lunch (Tarbet to Luss direct is a 45 minutes cycle).
- Explore the picturesque village of Luss including local walks, shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Catch the Waterbus service back to Tarbet (via Rowardennan) at 4.15pm arrive at Rowardennan at 4.45pm and Tarbet at 5.30pm, cycle back or use the Bike Bus service to Balloch or Tarbet.
Tarbet to Inversnaid and Loch Katrine
Take the Waterbus from Tarbet at 10am to Inversnaid arriving at 10:30am.
- Cycle uphill towards Stronachlachar Pier; this should take around 35 minutes. Please be advised that this is not a cycle path and there will be motorised traffic on the route.
- At Stronachlachar Pier there is a shop, cafe and toilets. From here you can cycle along the side of Loch Katrine to Trossachs Pier (this will take around 1 hour 30 minutes) or take the Steamship Sir Walter Scott to Trossachs Pier (this leaves Stronachlachar at 11:30am arriving 12:30pm) and cycle back to Inversnaid – taking around 1 hour 50 minutes.
- The Waterbus from Inversnaid departs at 4.30pm arriving at Tarbet at 5pm.
West Loch Lomond Cycle Path
- Cycle south from Tarbet, initially on the pavement, and then join the old road to enjoy the tranquillity of the cycle path along the bonnie banks.
- There are numerous beaches, stunning views north to the Highlands and refreshment at Inverbeg and Luss with numerous options for lunch.
- There is the option to catch the 16.15 Waterbus back to Tarbet returning at 17.30 via Rowardennan, cycle back or use the Bike Bus service to Balloch or Tarbet.
Two Lochs Tour (24 May – 2 October 2016)
- Combine a Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine experience by catching the 10.00 Waterbus service from Tarbet to Inversnaid.
- Push your bike or cycle up the hill to the gentle undulating single road alongside the Great Trossachs Path to Stronachlachar (4 miles) and then continue around Loch Katrine.
- Alternatively, take advantage of combined Waterbus service to cruise on the Sir Walter Scott to Trossachs Pier where you can disembark for return cycle back to Inversnaid (17 miles)
- Refreshments and lunch available in Inversnaid, Stronachlachar and at Trossachs Pier.
The Village On The Edge (Rowardennan – Balmaha)
- Catch 08.45 Waterbus service from Tarbet Pier and disembark at Rowardennan on the eastern shore for cycle south.
- Enjoy stunning views both west to Glen Douglas and north to the Arrochar Alps.
- The 7 mile cycle on gentle undulating single track road brings you to Balmaha where you have the opportunity to visit the National Park Visitor Centre or for the more active, park your bike, and climb Conic Hill (350m).
- A warm welcome awaits you at The Oak Tree Inn for a hearty lunch, local ales and luxury Loch Lomond ice cream.
- There is ample time for return cycle to Rowardennan and catch 16.45 Waterbus back to Tarbet.