Scottish Fire and Rescue have issued a fire risk warning from 17-20 April. We strongly advise against having fires or barbecues when out in the National Park during this period.Close alert
A recipe by Carolyn Barrowcliffe from Venachar Lochside
• Crumb butter, sugar and flour together (to a fine crumb)
• Put mixture on bench and make a well in the centre. Crack in room temperature eggs
• Bring together to form a smooth dough and chill for two hours
• Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin
• Cover tart base
• Bake blind for 15 minutes at 200C
• Remove baking beans, reduce oven heat to 160C and bake until golden brown
• Allow tart to cool and tidy edges of the tart. Set aside.
• Scrape vanilla pod into cream
• Heat cream but don’t let it boil
• Pour onto chocolate in a heat proof bowl
• Mix until combined and then slowly add the butter (mix should be shiny). Set aside.
To put together:
• Arrange raspberries along the base of the tart case
• Pour on warm ganache
• Leave at room temperature for one hour. Do not refrigerate.
Serve with homemade pistachio ice cream, crushed pistachios and fresh Scottish raspberries.