Scottish Fire and Rescue have issued a fire risk warning from 17-20 April. We strongly advise against having fires or barbecues when out in the National Park during this period.Close alert
A recipe by Stuart Fraser from The Oak Tree Inn, Balmaha – serves 2
• Heat a frying pan and add the bacon, sizzle for around 10 minutes, or until crispy, but not burnt.
• Add the apple wedges to the pan and cook with the bacon for approx 2 minutes or until warmed through but not falling apart, then set aside in a warm oven.
• Heat the black pudding slices under the grill until crispy on the outside, but don’t overcook!
• To make the dressing mix together the cider vinegar and oil in a bowl with some salt and pepper and set aside.
• Bring a small pot of water to the boil with 4 tablespoons of vinegar, then add both eggs and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel to dry and season with salt and pepper.
• Toss the salad leaves and tomatoes in the dressing and then divide onto 2 warm plates (place in centre).
• Top with back pudding then apple and bacon mix and finally a poached egg. Then it’s ready to serve.
Perfect as a starter, or light lunch.