Skip to navigation

Accessing your personal information

Under data protection legislation you have the right to ask us to tell you whether we hold any personal information relating to you, and if so, to provide you with a copy of such data. This is called a “Subject Access Request”.

How do I make a request?

If you’d like to make a request for any personal information we hold about you, please make your request in writing to the following address:

Information Officer
Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority
Carrochan Road
G83 8EG

Or email the National Park Authority.

Your request should include a contact address and documentary evidence of your identity (e.g. copies of your driving licence, passport or birth certificate). Please don’t send us original documents. Please also provide as many details as possible about the information you’re asking for.

If we need more information to help find your information or identify you, we will ask. When we’ve received confirmation of your identify, and we have all the necessary information, your request will be processed and a response will be sent to you within one calendar month.

Back to menu

Can I access personal information on someone else’s behalf?

You can make a request on someone else’s behalf. This can be necessary for a solicitor acting on behalf of a client, or it could simply be that an individual wants someone else to act for them.

In these cases, we need to be satisfied that the person making the request on behalf of another person has their permission to act on their behalf. It’s the third party’s responsibility to provide this evidence, which could be a written authority to make the request, or a power of attorney.

Back to menu

Your rights as an individual

Under data protection law you have 8 key rights:

  • Right to be informed – When you gives us your personal data, we need to clearly state how you may be contacted and the purpose and lawful basis for processing your data
  • Right of access – We have to provide details of the information we’re processing about anyone if they ask, this is a Subject Access request.
  • Right to rectification – you have the right to have inaccurate data corrected or incomplete data completed.
  • Right to erasure – (or right to be forgotten) If you decide you don’t want us to hold your data any longer you can ask for it to be deleted – there may sometimes be legal grounds for us to keep it.
  • Right to restrict processing – If you are not entitled to have your details deleted, you may be entitled to restrict how we process it.
  • Right to data portability – This right allows you to move your personal data easily from one IT environment to another, e.g. changing online bank
  • Right to object – If you receive marketing information after clicking on a link in an email you have the right to object, and we can’t keep processing your personal data for the same purpose.
  • Rights related to automated decision making: – This protects individuals against decisions make without human intervention, e.g. an online loan application that is decided using automatic credit reference checks. We don’t currently process any personal data in this way.

If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data please contact us:

National Park Authority
Carrochan Road
G83 9EG

Back to menu
Back to top
Skip to content