Dr Heather Reid has been appointed to the Park Authority Board for a minimum of four years as of 1 November 2018 until the 31 October 2022.
Dr Heather Reid is a science education consultant and former weather forecaster with the Met Office and BBC Scotland. She led the introduction of an outdoor activities weather forecast on television and regularly hill walks and mountain bikes within the National Park. She brings over 25 years’ experience in public science engagement and outreach, especially in environmental sciences. Dr Reid was previously Chair of the Institute of Physics in Scotland, and was a Trustee at Glasgow Science Centre for 10 years. She sits on several STEM Education advisory committees and works closely with the education sector and industry.
• Category 1: Remuneration
◦ Self-employed Science Education Consultant
• Category 2: Related Undertakings
• Category 3: Contracts
• Category 4: Houses, Land and Buildings
• Category 5: Interest in Shares & Securities
• Category 6: Gifts & Hospitality
•Category 7: Non-Financial Interests
◦ Director – Loch Lomond & The Trossachs Countryside Trust