Surrounded by forest and with wonderful views of nearby hills and mountains, Loch Chon is a gem of a discovery for outdoors fans. It’s fabled that the sheltered water, located between Kinlochard and Inversnaid on the minor B829 road, has a resident kelpie (water spirit), as well as one of the world’s largest populations of faeries! Discover more about the area here.
This informal campsite, nestled in woodland on the shores of beautiful Loch Chon offers 26 pitches for tents through a mixture of open and woodland camping. Each pitch comes with a pre-allocated parking space, access to toilets and fresh water.
There are two accessible pitches (Pitches 8 and 9), with accessible toilets and designated parking nearby, and one double pitch (pitch 21) with space for two tents for bookings of four or more adults. View a map of the campsite >
What you need to know
- The campsite is nestled in woodland, with beautiful views over Loch Chon and the surrounding area.
- Facilities are basic, with toilets and drinking water available on-site.
- Prices are £7 per adult per night, children under 16 go free.
- Access across the site is provided by a formal path network, not all the paths are flat and there are some short flights of steps.
- Accessible pitches (Pitches 8 and 9) are available on-site, with accessible toilets and designated parking nearby.
- Parking is available on-site and each pitch comes with a pre-allocated parking space.
- Fire bowls for hire and fire wood are both available to pre-book online along with your camping pitch.
- You can book up to two months in advance and stay for up to three nights.
- The campsite is open from 1st March – 31st October.
- Pitches are available from 2pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11am on day of your departure.
- Our full Terms and Conditions provide important information about your stay. Please familiarise yourself with them before you arrive.
- From Aberfoyle: head west on Main Street/A821 toward Duke’s Pass. Continue straight onto Lochard Road/B829 and continue to follow this road for approximately 6.9 miles. Take a left turn and continue for 100 yards.